Under general supervision, Security Officers will provide a safe and welcoming environment to visitors, patients, and staff. Security Officers will work seamlessly with the clinical treatment team to ensure the safety of patients at all times. Officers may be required to provide assistance to clinical treatment staff during but not limited to verbal and physical altercations.
- Highschool Diploma or GED
- Valid California State Guard Card (verified by the Bureau of Security and Investigative Services)
- Valid Baton Permit
- Valid Chemical Agents Spray Permit
- Valid California Driver’s License (4 years min. of Driving Exp. and no driving violation points) If driving qualifications are suspended for any reason, the employee will be given a 30-day grace period after which the differential will be dropped from the pay.
- Must be 21 years of age by date of Hire to operate a motor vehicle
- Valid CPR card
- Recent Mental Health Care Security
- Military Experience if Honorably Discharged
- Handle with Care de-escalation and management of aggressive behavior certification (Required within the first 60 days of employment).
- Conducts continuous and alert preventative patrols of assigned areas.
- Identifies, reports and takes corrective action on all conditions which endanger the safety and security of staff, visitors, clients, and property.
- Provide escorts to adjacent areas outside the program for safety.
- Responds quickly to incidents and dispatch assignments. Initiates appropriate action to assist others; reduce the risk of property loss and harm to others.
- Always completely assigned duties in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Monitor and screen ingress and egress points of the facility to always maintain security, prevent weapons entry, avoid thefts, and assure confidentiality. Proactively provides customer service to assist guests with questions and directions.
- Contact and warn those of rule violations as well as apprehend/evict violators from premises in a professional and courteous manner. Appropriately apply verbal persuasion and force when absolutely necessary to enforce the law and critical policies.
- Supports clinical staff with duties, including applying restraints and using appropriate physical force to overcome resistance, violence, and to comply with necessary clinical directives. Deploys de-escalation routinely and effectively to maintain order and avoid violent outbursts.
- Investigates all reported and discovered incidents. Locates and obtains statements from witnesses and obtains identification and evidence as appropriate to the incident.
- Prepares computer typed reports of investigations, incidents, daily activities, and other related irregularities as necessary or directed.
- Cooperates and coordinates with local police, sheriff, fire officials, and other regulatory authorities as necessary/required in the event of an emergency.
- Adheres to established policies, procedures, practices, and protocols of the organization and security department.
- Other duties as assigned
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.