Exodus Recovery, Inc.
Assisted Outpatient Treatment
1902 Marengo Street, Suite 109
Los Angeles, CA 90033
Main (323) 276-6470
Fax (323) 276-6477
Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Program Director: Patrick Hooks
The Assisted Outpatient Treatment (AOT) provides court ordered intensive community-based mental health treatment for people with serious mental health disabilities who do not meet the Lanterman-Petris-Short Act (LPS) criteria for involuntary hospitalization but whose condition is currently deteriorating and who are unwilling to accept treatment.
In addition, AOT is only ordered if the individual has a history of not complying with treatment that has resulted in past hospitalizations, incarceration or dangerous behaviors.
Who qualifies for AOT?
The person must meet all of the following criteria for AOT to be ordered:
- be eighteen years of age or older;
- have a qualifying mental illness;
- be unlikely to survive safely in the community without supervision;
- have a condition that is substantially deteriorating; and
- have a history of not complying with treatment that includes at least two hospitalizations or incarcerations in the last 36 months, or at least one act, threat, or attempt of harm to self or others within the last 48 months, or both.
In addition, for AOT to be ordered the following must be shown:
- AOT is the least restrictive placement necessary to ensure recovery and stability.
- AOT is necessary to prevent relapse or deterioration likely to result in grave disability or serious harm to self or others.
- The person continues to fail to engage in psychiatric treatment.
- The person is likely to benefit from AOT.
Contact Person: AOT Clinician, 323-276-6470