Exodus Recovery, Inc.
North Coastal Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU)
Program Director: Frank Garcia, LCSW
Associate Program Director: David Dixon, RN
Serving adults (18 years old and older) population
The North Coastal Behavioral Health CSU is located within the County North Coastal Live Well Center on the corner of Mission Ave. and Archer St.
The Exodus Recovery community-based CSU is a welcoming, recovery focused environment where individuals in crisis can be assessed for stabilization services, medication evaluation and management, or hospitalization if necessary. All clients receive comprehensive mental health services for up to 24 hours while admitted to the unit. Social services referrals to community programs and resources, discharge planning are included in the standard of care delivered at all Exodus Recovery Crisis Centers. Additional follow-up and referral support is provided to ensure proper, long-lasting outcomes.
The CSU is open and available 24-hours per day, 365 days per year. Walk-in services are available to the general public from 7am to 7pm daily. No appointments are necessary.
The CSU is also an LPS designated facility which allows our staff to evaluate and involuntarily detain those individuals determined to be a danger to themselves or others or who may be gravely disabled. CSUs are a safe community based alternative to emergency departments, hospitals and jails for people experiencing a behavioral health crisis.
Comprehensive care is offered by an interdisciplinary team of Medical Doctors/ Psychiatrists, Nurse Practitioners, Licensed Nurses, Licenced and Registered Social Workers / Therapists, Mental Health Workers, and Peer Support Specialists.
Comprehensive Services Offered:
- A welcoming environment where the needs of the client are assessed and crisis intervention services provided
- Behavioral Health (mental health and substance abuse) assessment
- Medication evaluation and management
- Therapeutic interventions
- Social services including coordination and linkage to a full spectrum of community programs and resources
- Individualized discharge plans to an appropriate level of continuing care that range from home to hospital